International Classical Guitar Competition
Liveart Musical Association organizes the 4th “Alvaro Mantovani” International Classical Guitar Competition, inside the 12th “Alvaro Mantovani” International Guitar Festival.
- The competition is open to classical guitar soloists of any age and nationality.
- First Prize Winners of previous editions are not admitted to the competition.
- Application fee is € 50,00.
- Partecipants must pay the application fee using the following bank account (write on the money order: application fee for 4th Mantovani guitar competition):
IBAN: IT27 V010 0572 2400 0000 0000 791
- Partecipants must send:
1) receipt of the money order;
2) signed and filled application form.
Items can be send by e-mail at the following addresses:
Deadline is March 5th 2019
- Competition is divided into two rounds: eliminatory and final.
- Eliminatory round will take place on March 14th 2019 in Follonica.
- Final round will take place on March 15th 2019 in Follonica.
All rounds are open to the public. A Detailed schedule and location will be sent to each partecipant after deadline.
- Eliminatory round: free program, max 10 minutes; transcriptions are permitted.
- Final round: free program, max 20 minutes; transcriptions are permitted; participants cannot repeat pieces of the eliminatory round.
- Jury will include:
Flavio Cucchi (Italy) President of Jury
Omar Cyrulnik (Argentina)
Lucio Matarazzo (Italy)
Giorgio Albiani (Italy)
- Decisions of the jury are definitive.
- Jury can stop a performance in any moment, and ask for further auditions in case of complex decisions.
- Members of the jury cannot decide for competitors who have some family relationships or had didactic relationships in the last two years with them.
- 1st Prize: euros 2000 + 2 concerts; one of them will be in the 2020 edition of the Mantovani Festival+"Album distributed on line (.mp3 format) on the most important international music stores (iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, etc) offered by DotGuitar for the DotGuitar/CD label http://www.dotguitar.it/zine/cd/dotguitar_cd.html , cup and diploma.
- 2nd Prize: euros 800; cup and diploma.
- 3rd Prize: euros 400; cup and diploma.
Winners of these Prizes must perform in a public concert in the evening of March 15th 2019, at the Teatro Leopolda, during which the Public Prize (euro 200) will be assigned.
Last edition 2018
Results of the 3rd International Guitar Competition "Alvaro Mantovani"
1st prize: Andrés Madariaga (Chile)
2nd prize: Carlo Curatolo (Italy)
3rd prize: Ziemovit Bucko (Poland)
Special public prize : Carlo Curatolo
Special Etruria Classica prize : Carlo Curatolo